You may think you have a great website, but that obviously doesn’t make it so. The great deciders will prove to be the people who come to your site. When it comes to using the internet to find companies people can trust, you will find most individuals to be pretty discerning. If your website doesn’t grab their attention, they aren’t going to stick around for very long. By the same token, grabbing their attention must also keep in mind the demand to keep their attention.
Great website design is all about the opinion of the viewer. There are some universally accepted design principles for instance at http://thebestdesigns.com/ you will find some examples. One of our favorite web design and marketing agencies is http://ascensionmm.com/.
In other words, your website needs to be sincere, multifaceted, and ready to engage the user on every possible level. These are not difficult demands to meet. You simply have to keep in mind the principles of good website design, which you can then apply to your own unique needs. All of this can apply to not only those who are building a website for their new business for the first time, but to those who admit that their current site could use some serious tweaks.
5 Principles Of Good Website Design
Whether you build the site yourself, or if you opt to trust the work to website designers, here are five principles of good website design to keep in mind:
- Purpose: Why do you want people to come to your site? Do you want to inform? Sell them something? Define your purpose, and have your site built around that.
- Communicate: People need your website to get to the point. That means crafting a website that not only communicates clearly, but also communicates effectively. Believe it or not, but the aesthetics of your site are just as important in this regard as the words themselves.
- Colors: You have your pick of the litter, when it comes to colors. However, there are colors that suggest harmony, peace, positive energy, and there are colors that obviously do not. It is your challenge to utilize color effectively, within the bounds of what you want to offer people, and how you imagine those people will best respond to what you offer.
- Navigation: Even in 2017, navigation is obviously still crucial. People should be able to move about your site comfortably and easily. It shouldn’t be difficult for them to find something they need.
- Responsiveness: Responsive web design is crucial principle, as you need to have a website that people can access from a wide variety of screens and various devices, from laptops, to smartphones, to tablets.